Unleashing the Power of Psychology in Marketing: Cognitive Psychology Basics.
It sounds very boring but you need to know that earning anything above $300K requires you to process the boring stuff and apply them to your business. No, you don't have to post 100 times a day like a robot and you certainly do not need to go to war with the algorithm either. After we are done with each week, I promise you that a lot will change in your business-for the better.
What is cognitive psychology? Cognitive psychology is the study of how people think, perceive, and make sense of the world around them. It explores the mental processes that drive our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. In simpler terms, it helps us understand why people do what they do, there's a reason why people do what they do and understanding those reasons enables you to create content they can relate to.
In the context of marketing and branding, understanding cognitive psychology can be beneficial for crafting effective communication strategies, designing persuasive messaging, and creating experiences that resonate with consumers.
So it's like this, you own a bakery that specializes in French pastries, not everyone is going to buy French pastries every single day for breakfast so you need to understand why certain people do. Is it because they want to move to Paris? Is it the pastry itself? Is it because they grew up having French pastries? Or are they just rich?
Obviously, you can't speak for everyone but you know people like those exist sometimes so you need to know how you can connect with them and have them buy from you.
How Cognitive Psychology can help you find your ideal target audience
Connect with the Paris dreamers: Many people have a fascination with Paris and dream of visiting or living there. Highlight the Parisian charm and elegance of your pastries in your content. Use imagery and storytelling that transports them to the streets of Paris, evoking a sense of wanderlust and aspiration.
Tap into nostalgia: For some customers, French pastries may evoke fond memories of their childhood or special moments in their lives. Share stories, anecdotes, or customer testimonials that highlight the emotional connection people have with your pastries. This can create a sense of nostalgia and make your bakery a go-to place for reliving those cherished moments.
Cater to the luxury seekers: Position your French pastries as a luxurious treat, appealing to those who appreciate the finer things in life. Highlight the craftsmanship, attention to detail, and quality ingredients that go into each pastry. Use language that conveys exclusivity, elegance, and sophistication.
If you've watched my free (in the moment) masterclass, we talk about "Diverse Boulevard" in depth (If you have 2 hours to spare, here's the class for you).
What if you own a brand like Diverse Boulevard, a brand all about wellness? You want to run your business without rushing yourself-fulfilling in (almost) all aspects. In case you missed it, Diverse Boulevard is a lifestyle brand built to highlight the stories of New York City told by black people. The good, the bad and the in between. We celebrate the stories of New York City through the voices of black individuals, showcasing the good, the bad, and everything in between.
Let's take a look at a holistic approach to utilising Cognitive Psychology in your Wellness Brand.
When it comes to promoting your tea wellness brand, taking a holistic approach means building genuine and meaningful connections with your audience. By understanding and addressing their needs, desires, and pain points, you can create content that resonates on a deeper level, demonstrating your genuine care for their well-being. Let's explore some holistic strategies to consider for your tea wellness brand marketing campaign:
1. Empathy and Understanding: Take the time to truly understand your audience's motivations for seeking wellness through tea. Is it a desire for relaxation, a connection to nature, or a need for a moment of tranquility in their busy lives? By empathizing with their unique situations, you can create content that speaks to their specific needs and fosters a genuine connection.
Example: Share stories or testimonials from tea enthusiasts who have found peace, rejuvenation, or a sense of balance through the mindful ritual of tea drinking. Highlight the emotional and physical benefits they have experienced, such as increased mindfulness, stress reduction, or improved overall well-being.
2. Education and Information: Provide valuable educational content that empowers your audience to make informed choices about tea and its benefits. Focus on sharing accurate information about different tea varieties, their origins, brewing techniques, and the potential health benefits they offer.
Example: Create blog articles or social media posts that explore the science behind tea and its impact on mental and physical health. Educate your audience about the specific properties of different tea types, such as green tea's antioxidant properties or herbal teas' calming effects. Encourage them to incorporate tea as part of their holistic wellness routines.
3. Authenticity and Transparency: Be authentic and transparent in your communication. Share the story behind your tea brand, your commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients, and your dedication to sustainable and ethical practices. This builds trust and establishes a genuine connection with your audience.
Example: Show behind-the-scenes glimpses of your tea sourcing process, highlighting the relationships you have built with tea growers and the steps taken to ensure the highest quality leaves. Emphasize your brand's values of sustainability, fair trade, and respect for the environment.
4. Mindfulness and Self-Care: Tap into the growing interest in mindfulness and self-care by positioning your tea products as catalysts for holistic well-being. Highlight how each tea blend contributes to relaxation, self-reflection, and self-care rituals.
Example: Create social media posts that encourage moments of mindfulness and self-care using tea. Share tips on creating a mindful tea-drinking routine, suggest tea blends that promote specific wellness goals (such as calming blends for stress relief or energizing blends for focus), and invite your audience to share their own mindful tea experiences.
5. Community Building: Foster a sense of community among tea enthusiasts by creating spaces where your customers can connect, learn, and share their tea journeys. Encourage engagement and conversation to deepen their connection with your brand.
Example: Establish an online tea community where tea lovers can share their favorite tea recipes, brewing techniques, and wellness stories. Host virtual tea tastings, Q&A sessions with tea experts, or tea-themed workshops to foster a sense of belonging and shared growth.
It seems insignificant but once you know the knowledge behind these strategies it becomes easier for you to create (even better) strategies for your business in the future. You'll always have a hard time creating content if you're thinking of content as a selling tool instead of a communication tool.
Will I be seeing you next time? I hope so! Make sure to sign up to our email marketing campaign to keep up.